Easter celebrates Jesus Christ’s resurrection from the dead.
It is Christianity’s most important holiday.
For those celebrating Easter, here’s a simple appetizer idea
to serve your family and guests.
Deviled Eggs are great appetizers. If you want to try something a little different using eggs, how about combining egg salad and greens. It’s as simple as making egg salad and scooping a portion on a leaf green. That’s it.
A VISUAL GUIDE TO SALAD GREENS
Here are a few leaf greens suggestions.
This is a loose recipe. Meaning, you can add more or less ingredients to the eggs. Just scale it to the amount of eggs used. It’s your egg salad. Get creative!
EGG SALAD WRAPS
Recipe by Carmen Ortiz of sometimes SAVORY
course ground black pepper
red pepper flakes
paprika, to garnish. optional
Leaf Greens, such as looseleaf lettuce, romaine, butterhead lettuce, escarole, endive etc.
1) Boil eggs in water until hard-boiled.
2) Place hot, cooked eggs in cold water to cool down.
3) Remove eggs from water. Remove egg shells.
4) Dry the eggs with a paper towel.
5) Chop eggs. Place chopped eggs in a bowl.
6) Add salt, pepper, sriracha sauce, red pepper flakes and mayonnaise to chopped eggs.
7) Mix egg salad until combined.
8) Rinse leaf greens.
9) Dry leaf greens using paper towels or a salad spinner.
10) Place greens on a serving platter.
11) Scoop a portion of the egg salad over each leaf green.
12) Sprinkle with paprika. Optional.
Have a Blessed Easter!
sometimes SAVORY…cooking is art revealed
NOTE: Dessert recipes can be found on my dessert blog, Baking is my Zen.
Photography by Carmen Ortiz ~All Rights Reserved.
Not to be used without permission.