The best thing about a sandwich is the quick turnaround in making this meal. The concept of quickly preparing brunch, lunch or dinner by putting ingredients that you have on hand between two slices of bread is genius. With many of us very busy these days, it’s the best way to prep a meal without much fuss in the kitchen. You can even keep it very healthy by using whole grain breads and filling the sandwich with fresh vegetables and proteins.
A great brunch sandwich which I have on occasion is a Smoked Salmon Bagel Sandwich. It’s so good and so easy. Recipe follows.
Smoked Salmon Bagel Sandwich
By Carmen Ortiz of sometimes SAVORY
Ingredients for one sandwich: Add amounts to your preference.
- 1 bagel, split lengthwise (toasted-optional)
- cream cheese, softened
- thinly sliced tomato
- thinly sliced red onion
- sliced smoked salmon
1) Cut bagel in half, lengthwise.
2) Toast bagel. (optional)
3) Spread cream cheese on toasted bagel halves.
4) Place sliced tomatoes on cream cheese.
5) Place sliced red onion on tomatoes.
6) Place slices of smoked salmon on tomatoes.
7) Place capers on salmon.
8) Top with the other bagel half.
sometimes SAVORY…cooking is art revealed
NOTE: Dessert recipes can be found on my wordpress dessert blog, Baking is my Zen.
Photography by Carmen Ortiz ~All Rights Reserved.
Not to be used without permission.